Party invitations typically take on a traditional approach -- they tell you where and when it’ll be, the dress code, and your RSVP date. But let’s be honest, who wants the same old invite each time another party happens? In a world where unique is the new ‘in’ trend, something as small as your party invite can be a big way to set your big day apart from the rest. We’ve compiled a few tips below on how you can create a unique magazine cover that doubles as a party invite for your guests!
- Include All Information. Though this is a fun play on a magazine cover, all necessary information should be included. The time, place, and dress code are a few things to mention. This doesn’t mean you can’t be fun with it, just make sure it’s clear!
- Spice It Up! Whether you’re planning an extravagant party or a simple get-together, your magazine cover should still replicate that of an authentic one. Keep your headlines bolded, and use colors that will help them stand out. Making sure that everything is legible is a key to a successful magazine cover.
- Feature Yourself. If the party is for you, it’s a good idea to use a fun photo of yourself to advertise the event! Maybe you’re heading to the bar for a few drinks -- feature a picture of yourself enjoying a pint. Remember, this cover is supposed to explain and highlight the event as a whole.
- Include RSVP Instructions. Whether it’s a call to you or an email back, RSVPing for a party is the easiest way to obtain a headcount -- you don’t want to expect a few people and have triple the amount show up! You can include these instructions on the bottom of the cover, which is traditionally where they’d be on other types of invites!
Ultimately, your party is what you make it, and it begins with the excitement you build from the invite itself. By enticing your potential guests with a custom magazine cover as an invite, they’ll be just as ready to party as you are! With instant download available, you can send the invite as either an email, or print it out and send it through the mail! To get started, head on over to the Cover Editor and begin creating your magazine cover. For examples of previously created magazines, make sure to like us on Facebook, find us on Pinterest or browse our magazine cover templates!
The departure of an employee is something commonly seen before the start of a new year -- and sometimes, it’s for good reason. Those who’ve done their time in the workforce are often rewarded with the luxury of retirement, and traditionally do so at the end of a fiscal year. For those who are near and dear to their colleagues, gifts are usually given to those who are departing from the company. Gift cards, photo albums and t-shirts are all great gifts -- but sometimes highlighting their achievements in a memorable way is just as thoughtful. If you know someone taking the retirement plunge, a personalized magazine cover might be a great ‘farewell’ gift idea!
- Highlighting professional achievements is easy with a magazine cover. With the ease of adding text, you can include accolades that were accumulated over the years, and make sure that their hard work was noticed and appreciated. Employee of the month, sales awards, and many more all find a perfect place to rest on the cover of a magazine
- Including their hobbies is also a great way to recognize your coworkers. If he/she is the type to talk about fishing and their prized ‘trophy catch’, a quirky caption about how he/she manages their tackle box like his/her stock portfolio fits perfectly!
- A good way to make them feel remembered is to include captions about what life might be like outside of the office when they’re gone. “What will we ever do without Bill’s wisdom in the morning?” One of the best ways to send off a former employee is to make them feel as if they made an impact with their work, and they were appreciated by all.
Before the holidays come and go, make sure you have the perfect gift for your departing colleague. At $9.95 with the option for an instant download, we take the hassle out of searching for a gift, and replace it with something personal, meaningful, and fun! To get started, head on over to the Cover Editor and begin creating your magazine cover. For examples of previously created magazines, make sure to like us on Facebook, find us on Pinterest or browse our magazine cover templates!
So you’ve decided on a custom magazine cover for your coworker, but you’re stuck on what to put on it -- what now? The gift you give to your professional colleagues should be personal, featuring their positives as both a friend inside and outside the workplace. To do so, there are a few things to take note of before creating a personalized gift for the ones you spend 40 (or more) hours per week with.
- Include their accolades. If they’re a hard worker, let them know that you appreciate their work. Many times, recognition of hard work is motivation for people to want to continue working hard and doing better. Something along the lines of “ Our Hardest Worker in IT” is something simple and effective that showcases their work, and lets them know that it isn’t going unnoticed.
- Point Out Funny Moments. If this person is the life of the party at events, it’s sometimes good to create headlines that go along with this theme. Including a headline such as “How John Makes The Office Laugh” is another way to let them know that they’re recognized as someone who’s in good spirit most of the time and puts a smile on everyone’s face.
- Include Hobbies. Point out some hobbies that this person may have outside of the workspace -- something that makes them who they are. If he/she is a great golfer, make sure to highlight their skills as well. Using a line that explains how he/she won the company golf outing or ‘could’ve gone pro’ is another headline that gives others an idea as to who they are as a person, and what they’re like outside of the suits and conference calls.
While there are a ton of different things to say, their photo is also going to be a key role in the creation process. If you’re creating a professional looking magazine cover, make sure the picture fits the bill -- the same goes for one that appears more casual. You’re sure to find just the right magazine cover template as there are over 80 choices for every holiday, interest and personality. To get started, head on over to the Cover Editor and begin creating your magazine cover. For examples of previously created magazines, make sure to like us on Facebook, find us on Pinterest or browse our magazine cover templates!
- They’re Completely Custom. Your personalized magazine cover is far from the cookie-cutter gift or the traditional gift card. You have the option of creating everything fro m a ‘best friend’ cover to a sports themed cover, with many options in between.
- You Can Share Old Memories. Because you can customize every part of the text on the cover, inside jokes and quirky quotes can be placed anywhere you see fit on the image. This is a great way to get a few laughs out of the gift, especially if it’s synonymous with a habit of theirs that others know about!
- Instant Delivery. Sometimes you’re in a pinch and need to find that perfect last minute gift. With instant delivery, you won’t need to rush around looking for a perfect gift at the last minute! If you do have extra time, YourCover can also print, frame, and ship your gift to your door while you finish the rest of your shopping.
Believe it or not, a custom magazine cover has a ton of different uses once it’s created. Not only does it make a great gift for a family member or friend, it has lots of uses beyond being a unique gift. Here are a few suggestions on different ways to use a personalized magazine cover to make your party or event extra special. Cake Image Let’s say you want to use the image for a birthday party and you’re low on options. With the availability of a digital download, you can make your magazine cover and then bring the file to your local baker or ice cream parlor and have the image printed onto a cake. This option allows you to spice up the look of the dessert for everyone to enjoy. In addition to being on the cake, print out a copy of the cover and frame it -- now you have used the magazine cover for more than one purpose! Plus, it makes a great photo opportunity for the birthday girl/boy. Sign In Board For parties, a magazine cover can be used to show off the star of your party.. At many large events such as weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, milestone anniversary or birthday parties, a sign in book is often in the front of the venue. Go big & get rid of the book and print your magazine cover as a poster, mount it on foam core and stand it on an easel at the entrance with magic markers. Your guests can now ‘sign in’ on the board and leave a heartwarming message for the star of the day. The cover poster will be a wonderful piece of memorabilia to reflect on for years to come. Trading Cards Instead of the typical sports themed cards given out to family and friends, a fake magazine cover is a great way to have them done the DIY way, and save yourself a few dollars in the process. Most sports photographers offer only the child’s photo on a card without any personalized text. Use the cover editor to completely customize the text on the card, and make use of your creative side to create an entirely unique and personalized card! When you’re ready to get started, head on over to the Cover Editor and begin creating your magazine cover.. To create your personalized magazine cover choose a template that matches your event or the cover star’s interests or personality.. With an instant download option and a low price of $9.95, there’s no better ‘just because’, last minute, or personalized gift to give to that special someone! For examples of previously created magazines, make sure to like us on Facebook, find us on Pinterest or browse our magazine cover templates!
With the main holidays of the year approaching, it sometimes becomes hard to give gifts to certain people. With the kids in school all day, it’s often a good idea to repay their teacher with a small gift. Aside from the run-of-the-mill gifts that many give, a customized magazine cover can be the perfect way to show your appreciation for the dedication given to your child day in and day out.
- Personalize the magazine cover to be all about their life and interests. Let’s say their teacher loves to go hiking or play soccer -- you can feature them doing what they love while also tying in their profession. For example, the headline ‘kicking the kids into high gear’ on a soccer cover serves as a great way to play with wording.
- They can display it in class. Sure, a box of doughnuts or a cake is also a great idea, but it’s a short lived treat. A magazine cover can be placed somewhere and on display forever, allowing him/her to show it proudly. As a bonus, you can also have your children design a custom frame to put the magazine cover in for a truly personal touch.
- It can be added to a basket of other goodies! With an instant download price of $9.95, this is the perfect way to add another custom addition to a small basket of goodies for your teacher. If the class is pitching in to make one big gift basket, this is a great item that won’t be repeated. Showing your appreciation for your teachers doesn’t have to be a difficult job. In a few easy steps, you can create an entirely unique gift that can be admired for years. A fake magazine cover is a great addition. To get started, visit our cover editor page here!
Every child has the dream of getting on the cover of his/her favorite magazine. When it comes to the little athlete in your life, nothing makes them smile more than the recognition of their hard work -- and what better way to show your appreciation than displaying it for everyone to see? Instead of tossing any old photo into a frame, take that action shot and bring it to life on a personalized magazine cover. With endless options for every sport and publication, you’re sure to light up the face of your baserunner with an unforgettable gift. Sports Illustrated Themes For the Sports Illustrated fanatic, use the blank template to recreate this iconic magazine cover. By adding your child’s favorite photo to our cover editor, you’ll be able to edit text in a number of places, adding things like their ‘favorite pre-game snack’ and ‘the game-winning home-run interview’. This cover is sure to bring a smile to the face of anyone, and your child can proudly show off their cover to everyone who enters the home. This sure beats small trading card photos that can get lost rather easily. Gifts For The Team The traditional pizza party typically follows the last game of the season -- why not add a twist to the fun? Grab a ‘Champions’ themed magazine cover, and include a photo of the whole team. You can customize the text to be all about the season along with stats and inside team memories and jokes like the ‘must-know high-five tactics for winning’ and much more. Each child will cherish the memory of their season and their first magazine feature. Coaches The heart and soul of each team dedicates hours upon hours to his/her craft. At the end of the season, show your appreciation and create a ‘Best Coach’ cover for them. Featuring things like ‘The must know winning strategy’ and ‘the pep-talk of a lifetime’ are just a few things you can feature on the cover to show your gratitude to the ones who have dedicated their time to help your child’s team. When you’re ready to get started, head on over to the Cover Editor and begin creating the magazine cover for the ages. With an instant download option and a low price of $9.95, there’s no better personalized gift to give to that special athlete or coach! For examples of previously created magazines, make sure to like us on Facebook, and find us on Pinterest!
So you’ve got your personalized magazine cover all set, but haven’t decided on a frame to put it in yet. Why not spend an hour and make one? Using an existing frame, you can customize the frame for your magazine cover with personal flair, and make use of that old frame collecting dust. Armed with household items and a trip to the dollar store, construct the best picture frame imaginable -- whether it’s for you or a friend!
For the outdoorsy magazine cover, the supplementing frame would look great as if it too, had just walked out of the woods. Head into the backyard and grab a handful of small twigs that vary in size but are relatively close in girth. From here, break them apart in a size that corresponds with the border of the frame, grab your hot glue gun and glue them around the edge of the frame. Once the glue dries and settles, you’ll have the rustic, outdoorsy frame to correspond with the cover.
Holiday Themed Frames
If you and the family have recently been featured on your brand new, fake magazine cover for the fall, it’s a great idea to incorporate the seasons into the frame! Using a dab of hot glue and a quick trip to the dollar store, you can score fake leaves and pine cones to decorate the edges/borders of the frame. These soft & warm colors can highlight the magazine cover on the table as you show it off for Thanksgiving dinner -- who knows, maybe someone in the family will love your craft; instant holiday gift idea!
Washi tape is one of the easiest ways to recreate a perfect look from an old picture frame. These pieces of tape typically feature patterns and are easily cut to fit. Grab a few rolls of your favorite color and pattern and start laying them on the frame. If you’ve got a baseball star in the house,vertical pinstriping might be your go-to idea. This way, you can place that personalized Sports Illustrated magazine cover in a custom frame that completes the look inside his/her baseball themed room!
To get started on the personalized magazine cover to put inside your DIY matching frame check out our create-a-cover page here and start designing! With an instant download available at a low cost of $9.95, you can create the perfect gift for any friend or family member in minutes.
Mastering the craft of a magazine cover can be tough work -- especially if you’re not sure where to start! When it comes to replicating the magazine style of Fashion magazines, a number of stylistic choices must be made. For those looking to create the perfect look, we’ve rounded up the best tips to creating a professional looking magazine cover.
- Your picture is key. For men and women involved in fashion, attire is everything. Try sourcing a photo that features their outfit as well as a good image of their face. Many magazines such as GQ will focus solely on a waist up shot. For men, this generally always includes a photo in a nice suit, or dress shirt & tie combo. For the ladies, something fashionable is typically a great choice.
- Keep your color palette simple. If you take a look at most GQ or Vogue magazines, their text occupies a maximum of about four colors. It’s important to develop your theme here and choose accordingly. Larger text should all remain a uniform color, as well as supplementary text remaining consistent throughout. Accenting text can be any color of your choosing!
- Use negative space to your advantage. Sometimes, it’s hard to read text that’s layered on top of an image. This is where your positioning and font all come together as one. By making the right selection, each tidbit of information can be entirely legible to anyone looking.
- Make it personal. Just because you’re mimicking a magazine doesn’t mean it can’t be your own spin! Insert funny quotes and quirks that make the person on the cover who they are. After all, it’s their 15 minutes of fame!
When you’re ready to get started, head on over to the Cover Editor and begin creating the magazine cover for the ages. You’ll want to choose the blank template to create your GQ or Vogue Titled magazine cover With an instant download option and a low price of $9.95, there’s no better ‘just because’, last minute, or personalized gift to give to that special someone! For examples of previously created magazines, make sure to like us on Facebook, and find us on Pinterest!
Most DIY Mother's Day gifts require that you be crafty and creative or a good cook. YourCover offers a quick, easy and affordable Mother's Day gift that even the most creatively-challenged can complete - and more importantly - that looks professionally made! Make a Mother's Day magazine cover or Best Mom magazine cover at YourCover.com. Use the online cover editor to make a personalized magazine cover in 3 simple steps.
- Choose a template - there are over 80 choices for every holiday, interest and personality
- Upload a photo of mom by herself or with you or the whole family
- Personalize the default headlines to be all about her life, family, interests, special memories and of course why she is the best mom in the world
Within minutes you're done! Order the photo file download for INSTANT delivery (perfect as a last minute Mother's Day gift) and print it yourself at home, office or local photo shop. Pop it in a frame for a completely unique gift that will really impress Mom. Have enough time? Let YourCover print and frame your custom magazine cover for you.