The perfect picture is just a snap away, right? Well, of course -- provided you have the right skills necessary that is! When creating your personalized magazine cover, you can either use a photo you already have or take a new one yourself! But not just any photo will work -- there are a few tips and tricks to taking the best photo you can, which optimizes it for your unique magazine cover. Clarity One of the most important things to note when taking a photo is the quality in which it is coming out. In today’s age, most of our cell phones and digital cameras are pretty good at focusing in on the subject, but it doesn’t hurt to double check. In addition, making sure that there’s enough natural light is important, as well as color balance. Doing this will ensure a perfect picture to use as the base of your fake magazine cover Negative Space While you want your subject to be the focal point of the image, it’s important to leave some space on either side of them for background purposes. Because your gift is supposed to be a unique magazine cover, you’re also responsible for creating the custom headlines to go along with it! This means that you should leave a bit of blank space for headlines. Note: When creating this negative space, try to keep it all one color if possible, to make sure all text is legible. Relevant Images If you’re creating a personalized sports magazine cover, it would make more sense to incorporate some of that sport in the actual photo. This helps give your athlete, dancer or birthday girl/boy the perfect setting for the perfect magazine cover. With everything tied together, you’re able to create the best fake magazine cover possible! To get started, head on over to the Cover Editor and begin creating your magazine cover. For examples of previously created magazines, make sure to like us on Facebook, find us on Pinterest or browse our magazine cover templates!
- If your recipient is a grandparent, including this in a magazine cover is a great idea. This can highlight why the kids love him/her, and what they do that makes the kids happy. For those who are good with the kids, this will make all of their efforts feel appreciated -- and hey, they may offer to babysit one night!
- With years of living under their belts, there are often a number of achievements that you can highlight on a magazine cover. Let’s say this person was an avid golfer or helps out the community through a non-profit organization. This is something that is surely worth highlighting, and can really make them smile. You can also include a photo of them in their golf gear or involved at one of these events if you want to make the whole cover one theme.
- Another idea is to just give flat out appreciation. Your elders love knowing that they’ve been able to have a positive impact on your life -- and it’s important to remind them of that every once in a while. These can be little tidbits of advice given throughout the years, or a famous quote you remember them saying. Whatever it is however, they’ll certainly appreciate the effort.
The uses for a custom magazine cover go far beyond a framed gift for the person you care about. Oftentimes, many people slip into a rhythm in which their gifts can lose their luster, and lack the personal touch that many desire. With a custom magazine cover however, your ability to construct a unique gift is much easier than browsing the internet looking for the perfect present. Below, we’ve highlighted a few things you can do with your newly created cover, and how it can be the gift you’ll love making and giving! Custom Mugs If your recipient is an avid tea or coffee drinker, the perfect gift might be sitting on (or waiting to sit on) their desk! Consider creating a custom magazine cover to have printed on a mug. The cover could feature something they love doing, or something that relates to their love for hot beverages in a mug. YourCover can print the mug for you, or order the photo file download and have the mug printed locally.. You’ve created a gift that will last forever, and they’ll be able to show it off proudly! Posters For the kids, sometimes feeling very important is a big thing for them -- a custom poster is exactly what you can do to make them feel awesome! Make your personalized magazine cover and YourCover can print it as a 16x20 or 24x30 poster. Alternatively, order the instantly downloadable photo file of your magazine cover design and have it printed at your local office supply store to create a huge poster for their bedroom or play area. The gymnast, or home run hitting athlete in your life will love looking at something that shows off their skill and achievements every day! Mini Cards By utilizing our instant download option, you can have multiple uses for the magazine cover you create. Mini trading cards can be created and printed out to give out to kids at a party, or placed on the table at your event as a fun piece of decor. This way, it showcases the star of the night, and anyone can take one (or a few) home with them! To get started, head on over to the Cover Editor and begin creating your magazine cover. For examples of previously created magazines, make sure to like us on Facebook, find us on Pinterest or browse our magazine cover templates!
A customer review means a lot to a business -- it lets us know how we’re doing, what can be improved upon, and what they like most about the experience and product! At YourCover, we take into consideration every comment that is made about what we’re offering. While we won’t brag too much, we’re happy to have over 750 reviews on our website, with an average rating of over 4.5 stars! Below, we’ve compiled a few reviews that we feel represent our business in great light as well as showcase the different things that can be done with a custom magazine cover. “Good idea for a unique gift. The site is easy to follow and if needed back up support is quick, comprehensive and friendly.” - Ron B “Made the cover for a fishing buddy. He was delighted and surprised.” - E. Hyatt “Seems like a great gift..site was easy to use...” - V. Gilmore “Very pleased with the options for creating and for ordering the final product. I look forward to seeing the final product from the downloaded file.” “What a great idea for a funny 40th birthday gift. I had so much fun making it!” - Alexis J. “This was very quick and easy to do. I appreciate the option to download or have the company print photo. The framing options are fantastic as well! I can't wait to see the finished product.” - Kane L. “It was quick & easy. Exactly what I was looking for & the person we got it for absolutely loved it!” - S. Savini “The demo video was helpful but your process is pretty easy to work with. I played with it for a day or two to get my cover "just right". Fun process.” - Judy S. “Would love to use titles like ESPN or Sports Illustrated, but happy with what I chose. The product is great and the customer service was great with my needs. Thank you!” - J.B. “Love the website! So user friendly. Great product and great customer service. There was an issue with the website, and I called and got a very quick and courteous reply. Thanks so much!” - Tammy S. “Easy site to use, Really helped us out looking for a gift for a guy retiring THANKS!” - Jeff S. To get started, head on over to the Cover Editor and begin creating your magazine cover. For examples of previously created magazines, make sure to like us on Facebook, find us on Pinterest or browse our magazine cover templates!
Announcing a pregnancy can be one of the most exciting reveals that women and couples can do when the time comes. Bringing a child into your life is also one of the most beautiful things to ever happen and the moment is truly unforgettable. For men and women alike, there’s a new trend which includes a fun way to reveal to everyone that you’re having a baby (which for reaction videos, are always priceless), and they can get pretty unique. But what about announcing it via something a bit more creative and unique? A “hot off the presses” magazine cover sounds like the perfect way to do so!
- This method allows the future parents to get creative with their idea, in more ways than just a simple photo. While you can use any photo you’d like of the parents, other things can be placed into the cover as well, such as the godparents (if you’ve chosen them already) and more.
- You can date the magazine in the future, or the present! This is a perfect way to generate buzz about the tentative due date, which can help others plan their time accordingly and allow them to be available for the birth, should you want anyone there for the baby’s first moments.
- It can be tailored to gender as well, if you know it. Should you find out the gender in advance, you can tailor your colors to represent a boy, or a girl! This also presents a great opportunity to create funny headlines about the name of the baby, or process in which he or she will be named. Something along the lines of “The Great Debate Over Middle Names” is something to consider.
- It’s unique. We’ve seen the can of Prego sauce before, and the other forms of reveals can get a bit vanilla. While they’re all cute and exciting, something a bit more unique might be on your radar, and this is the best way to utilize your creative juices.
To get started, head on over to the Cover Editor to make your magazine cover. For examples of previously created magazines, make sure to like us on Facebook, find us on Pinterest or browse our magazine cover templates!